May 20, 2005

Nichole Nordeman, Methomergents, and Nap Time

So, I have been lame today. I haven't attended a single seminar today and I'm sitting at home 20 minutes from downtown (a different 20 minutes than Jay. Everything is 20 minutes from Nashville).

I got to see Nichole Nordeman do four songs at the NPC. Man is she good. I wish her albums were more stripped down because she's always at her best when it's just her and a piano... The sound very Nashville (well, not the first one. It's pretty much perfect). She also had a guitarist with her who was great. If I wasn't married and she wasn't married with child, I'd chase her around the country and beg her to be mine. For those of you worried about Daphne... her guy is Derek Webb (and he's married too).


I then participated in an impromptu Methodist get together (oh and a Methocast!) with Jay, Gavin, Jonathon, and Jenny. The Methomergents as it were. Everyone just sort of arrived at the same place and same time. Very cool. Bill where were you? Betsy Hall could have participated but she elected to walk by and scribble on my hand with a pen. Crazy Betsy.


So, now it's nap time and I've been blogging and haven't even eaten lunch yet. Do I have time to nap? Of course I do. That is what the CDs of the seminars are for after all.