April 30, 2012

EP Update!

It's been a while since I updated the blog and I want to keep you in the loop.

I went back into the studio last week with the great Kristin Cole to do a little Kickstarter video stuff. We got some good footage of me pretending to record since Andrew Osenga is away on paternity leave. (Speaking of which, congrats to Andy and Allison Osenga on Charlotte Olive Osenga!) It gave me an excuse to play some of Andy's fabulous geetars and his blue piano. We should have the whole video done this week. I'm excited about it. It will be an important part of the new Kickstarter.com campaign.

The first Kickstarter campaign to fund my debut solo EP was not successful...technically. We've raised some money outside of Kickstarter, and we had $650 in pledges for the first campaign. Since we didn't get the full $6000 we needed, Kickstarter doesn't charge the folks who pledged.

So, I'm asking those who have already pledged to pledge again when the new page is up. And I'm asking you to pledge money as well. You can simply give $4 and pre-order the EP for less than it'll cost at iTunes or Amazon and get it earlier than they'll have it. If you give more there will be some added incentives such as extra music, t-shirts, your name in the thank yous, etc. You can get a lunch with me and Andy Osenga or get me to record a cover song of your choice. I'll even write and record a song about/for you. There will be a bevy of choices.

The recording is mostly done, but the mix still needs to happen before we can get the music out there. I can't wait for you to hear it! Stay tuned...