October 3, 2011

Arrested Development returns!

I knew about the movie, but as of last week, there was no new news. But at an Arrested Development reunion (I wish I could've gone to that!) yesterday at the New York Festival, show creator Mitchell Hurwitz said ten episodes will air on Showtime, each one focusing on a different character and leading up to the movie in which the entire cast will reunite during the opening scene.

Plus, Will Arnett tweeted:
"I’m peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie."
Jason Bateman replied with:

"It’s true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ’13. VERY excited!"
 Looks like I need to get Showtime...at least I do next year! Now, if only we could get somebody to greenlight the Anchorman sequel.