September 16, 2010

SNL Announces 2010-2011 Hosts

I don't know when this became an entertainment blog...but since it sort of has been lately, I thought I'd post some news about Saturday Night Live

While I'm sad Will Forte and Jenny Slate are leaving the show, the 2010/2011 season of SNL is shaping up to be a good one. The following people have been announced as hosts:

  • September 25 - Amy Poehler will host the 36th season's premier with musical guest Katy Perry.

  • October 2 - Bryan Cranston & Kanye West - I am so excited about this one. Every time I see Bryan Cranston interviewed on a late night show, I think, "He should totally host SNL!" He may be the Emmy winner for acting in a drama, but I also remember how funny he was on Seinfeld, King of Queens, and of course, Malcolm In The Middle.

  • October 9 - Jane Lynch & Maroon 5 - It was bound to happen. She's been hysterical in everything she's done from Best In Show to 40 Year Old Virgin to Glee.

  • October 16 - Justin Long & Owl City - I'm so happy Justin's not just known as The Mac Guy. He's never hosted, but he did a decent impersonation of Matthew McConaughey when his girlfriend and Going the Distance co-star Drew Barrymore hosted last season.

  • October 23 - Emma Stone - She's very naturally funny and that's shown through in movies like Zombieland and The House Bunny.

  • December 4 - Lindsay Lohan? - She's in talks to host again. If the VMAs were the start of her comeback, this may be a continuation of that. She's hosted three times in the past, in 2004 with Usher, in 2005 with Coldplay, and 2006 with Pearl Jam. She's been funny every time. Anybody remember the first Debbie Downer sketch?
NBC has also announced that new cast members include Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain, Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah.