August 10, 2009

Prediction: Saxophone solos will make a comeback



I actually predicted that sax solos would make a comeback earlier in the year. But that was just to my wife. So, now it's official. I'm not saying I'm for it and I'm not saying I'm against it.

Since making the prediction I heard a sax solo in a song by The Killers and tonight (I'm going to admit that) I am casually watching the Teen Choice Awards and noticed a sax solo during the opening song by The Jonas Brothers. So, that's a pretty big musical spectrum I suppose.

The 80s have been back for a while in music, and contrary to the opinions of some, that hasn't changed. Exhibit A. Exhibit B. So, if that's the case I have to think saxophone solos will make a comeback whenever I think of Bruce Springsteen, Huey Lewis and the News, or that Family Ties Alex P. Keaton song.