March 3, 2009

Free Legal MP3 of the Week - William Elliott Whitmore, "There's Hope For You"

Look at him. He looks like your average white indie rocker, right? Listen to him. He sounds like an old black man. He sounds like a Blind Boy of Alabama. There are elements of Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits there too.

William Elliott Whitmore is music at its best. He combines blues, soul, gospel, folk, bluegrass, and...well, I could go on.

This is one of those times when I thought, "Oh, my gosh. I've just discovered gold. Why haven't I heard about this guy yet?"

I had several other MP3s lined up for the next several weeks, but I moved them all back for this. Now that I've hyped him up this much, I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I hope this particular song uplifts and encourages you the way it has me.

The intention of the MP3s on this site has always been to get people interested in artists so they will purchase more music from these artists. There are six albums by Whitmore on iTunes.

Download the MP3 via Spinner.com