May 28, 2008

The Temptations

There's a movie about The Temptations on VH1 right now. It has the rather original title The Temptations. I was flipping through the channels while feeding Jackson and left it on because I liked the song that was playing and thought Jackson would as well. I was right (he has good taste). I've ended up listening to the movie from around the house and I don't think I realized how many unbelievably great songs came from them! I'm going to have to buy some of their music.

As far as the movie goes, well it's your typical rags to riches- band gets big and goes through drug and alcohol addictions, ego problems, band personnel changes, blah blah rockumentary style drama with bad lip syncing. But honestly, even though I'm not technically watching it closely enough to really know the plot, I'd recommend it at least for the music.