April 7, 2008

The Return of Sixpence

Got to see Sixpence None the Richer for the first time in several years last night at 3rd and Lindsley. They broke up in 2004 and announced their return earlier this year in a blog on Leigh Nash's MySpace.

It was the first time Daphne and I had seen the band as a married couple so it really took us back to the many, many dates we spent at Sixpence shows.

They did several of my favorites including "A Million Parachutes", written by Matt Slocum with Sam Ashworth, who happened to accompany the band on acoustic guitar. I was also happy that Kate York sang background vocals on a couple songs.

There is new music at Sixpence's MySpace and Leigh told me last night their new EP will release next month. Expect to not see me for a few days after it drops as I crawl under something and disappear into the new songs.