April 17, 2008

Favorite Comedy Films

So, my cousin Jennifer Coomer does a weekly top ten and this week listed her favorite funny movies of all time.

I started thinking about it and made my own list (couldn't boil it down to 10 but neither could she so that's cool).

In alphabetical order:

My list would include:
  1. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
  2. Animal House
  3. Dogma
  4. Empire Records
  5. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
  6. Harold & Maude
  7. High Fidelity
  8. The Jerk
  9. Juno
  10. Thirteen Going On Thirty
  11. When Harry Met Sally
  12. While You Were Sleeping

    There are ten very funny films but I'd also have to include a few films some might not consider because they could also be included in other categories:

  13. Elf (Holiday classic)

  14. Evil Dead 2 (Horror comedy...maybe I should include Shaun of the Dead also.)

  15. The Goonies (This is not a family movie but is always put there in video stores. I'd call it an action comedy.)

  16. Muppet Treasure Island (This is a family movie but is also one of the funniest films I've ever seen.)

  17. Back to the Future Trilogy (Is this a comedy and not just a sci-fi action film? Yes.)


    And then maybe I'd want to mention:


  18. Airplane
  19. Being John Malcovich
  20. Knocked Up
  21. Mallrats
  22. Rat Race
  23. That Thing You Do
I have a strong feeling that Forgetting Sarah Marshall is going to be on my list. Richard Roeper gave it the best review I've ever heard him give anything and said it's an instant classic that he would include on his funniest movies of all time list. It comes out this Friday.

Anyway, those twenty-three films are in my top ten comedies. I know I left something out...hmmmmm.