September 1, 2006

My dad was always afraid this would happen to him...

Dad, a retired UM pastor, always joked about accidentally leaving his wireless mic on when he went in the bathroom on a Sunday morning.

By now you've probably heard about Kyra Phillips, the CNN anchor, doing just that during the president's New Orleans speech. If you haven't, click here to see Gavin's blog.

I was actually eating my lunch and watching at the time, wondering what the heck was going on. I thought, "oh, this is totally gonna end up on YouTube." I was correct.

What I love is that she is taking it quite well. She appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman tonight to present the top ten. I just looked and that particular performance is not yet on YouTube...it's just a matter of time. In fact by the time you click YouTube above it will probably be there!

For now you can check it out on Dave's site here: Top Ten Kyra Phillips Excuses.