March 5, 2006

Oscar wrap up

So, I just watched the Oscars with a bunch of friends and it was a really boring show as far as speeches go, but Jon Stewart was hee-lay-ree-us.

Okay and here's my conclusion on the score for Brokeback Mountain...the theme rips off Maddonna's "Oh Father".

Crash won best picture! The only surprise all night and it was a big one.

Daphne and I watched March of the Pengiuns (a winner tonight) and Walk the Line (ditto) this week and loved both. The DVD for Crash was sitting on our shelf for two months (we have Netflix) because we got it right around the time of Hurricane Katrina and didn't feel like watching such a serious movie. Finally I got tired of seeing it sit there and sent it back. Well I got it again and maybe we'll watch it tomorrow night.

We're kind of TV junkies though and tomorrow night is a double helping of new 24 on Fox so I don't know. I do know we're not going to let it sit there for two more months.