October 27, 2005

"Oh boy."

Okay, I'm a night owl. It's clear that's true.

And my new habit? Watching re-runs of Quantum Leap every night at 1 a.m. on Sci-Fi.

I loved that show and should probably get the DVDs. If you don't remember the show, Dr. Sam Beckett, played by Scott Backula, leaps from episode to episode into the body of a different person (both male and female - and it's especially funny to see him in drag) who lived during his lifetime in order to right wrongs done throughout that part of history.

At the end of each episode he leaps into the next character and, many times, immediately encounters their problems - always leaving Sam plenty reason to say/scream/whisper/utter his signature line, "Oh boy." And of course the "Oh boy" lends to the addictive quality of the show.

Well, Halloween can officially begin for me. One of my favorite episodes is on right now. Sam leaps into the body of a horror novelist (think Stephen King) whose life is being turned upside down by mysterious deaths and murders on Halloween day.

I can't remember how it ends (except that Stephen King actually shows up)...so, I'm going to stop typing and start watching. And then maybe I'll go to bed.