September 4, 2005

God of mystery

I find it almost unbearable to watch the footage on the news. Though, for some reason I can't seem to stay away from it. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, CNBC...I am glued. I am saddened. I am disgusted.

I am haunted by the images of dead bodies in the street. The man who did not know the wherabouts of his wife after his water-filled house literally split in two. The current was too strong to hold on to her. I am haunted by the image of a dead dog in a tree. It didn't look possible. I can not believe the anarchy. And like many, I cannot believe our government's utter lack of reaction.

It all looks like a zombie movie--Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later. It is all so unbelievable.

I don't know where this blog is going. I have lost much sleep this week and I'm not sure I'm even making sense. It is in a time like this that I call on the very same God who allowed all of this to happen. God of mystery, somehow make this make sense to us. Better yet--give us peace.