August 8, 2005

Summer Sizzler

What a wonderful weekend. We took our youth group up to Beersheba Springs TN for the UM Tenn conference's annual summer youth conference, Summer Sizzler.

I'm exhausted (staying up until 3:30 on Saturday night and getting up at 6 on Sunday will do that) but refreshed. It's a paradox youth workers know well.

We'll take another youth group trip this weekend to New Song at Loucon (my favorite place on Earth) in Kentucky. I'm really looking forward to this as I've been trying to get my youth group to go to New Song for six years and this is the first year it has happened.

I'm also excited to play at New Song (a dream I've had for the twenty years since New Song's inception) with Knapsack Heroes at 10:40 or so in the morning on Saturday. We'll be on the second stage right after praise and worship and nothing will be going on at the main stage! So, it's a good slot.

So, today I'm taking it easy. Hallelujah.