May 13, 2005

Livingston

I did a concert in Livingston, TN (continuing my First UMC tour) last night and had the most fun I've had on stage in years. The kids were really rowdy but also very affirming! My friend Lorin is the associate pastor and youth pastor at this church.

I wish I had pictures of the facilities at The Edge, their youth building. Very cool indeed. Cafe; kiosk with PS2, XBOX, etc; Internet bar; awesome stage and sound system. Man. I will hopefully come back soon, maybe with Knapsack Heroes.

Oh and that reminds me... I did a Knapsack song! The whole thing. Including the rap. I was told I sounded like Mat Kearney. It was me, a guitar, drum loop, and my voice. I did Adversity. You can hear the original without me at the Knapsack Heroes MySpace. You can hear the new version with me in concert. I don't know if I will do it again by myself (although it went quite well if I do say so myself, and the kids went nuts) but you'll definitely hear it at the Knapsack shows.

I'll continue my First UMC tour in June with Smyrna First. I'm doing a retreat for them that Lorin just may be at too.

Don't forget about the Caffeine show on Saturday the 22nd. Check out ericcoomer.com for more info.